What better way to experience the beauty of our great country than on a bicycle. Ride alone or with family and friends on short trips or, with a little planning, you can have a fun-filled vacation, travel the countryside, and come away with some amazing memories.
Whether you plan your biking trip in the Autumn, when the fall foliage is at its best, or early Spring, as Mother Nature brings back to life all the beautiful colors we missed during the long, cold Winter, or maybe you prefer Summer adventures near the water. Whatever your choice, you’re sure to find something on goSojourn that will interest you. Biking Tours around the country throughout the year are their specialty.
Our Top Five Choices For Bike-friendly Cities:
- Austin, TX – Try the Lady Bird Lake with its 10 mile bike trail on the waterfront.
- Portland, OR – Read about Portland’s Providence Bridge Pedal when the bridges over the Willamette River are closed to cars for 20,000 bicyclists. Or, try Forest Park, Portland’s largest park, a favorite for bike riders.
- New York City – Read about New York City’s Five Boro Bike Tour in May. Or, check out Central Park and Prospect Park for bike races.
- San Francisco, CA – Enjoy the incredible Bay area views.
- San Diego, CA – a bicyclist’s paradise.
Some Basic Bicycling Safety Tips:
- Always inspect your bicycle before a ride to be sure it is in good working condition, particularly the brakes and tires.
- Wear a properly fitting helmet to protect against head injuries.
- Wear bright colors and reflective markings to be highly visible in all kinds of weather.
- Obey all rules of the road, signs, and signals to avoid accidents.
- Stay alert at all times.